July 2, 2018
Published: IFAC – IFRS
The IFRS Foundation is developing stand-alone modules, one for each section of the 2015 version of the IFRS for SMEs Standard.
These modules are designed to provide support to anyone learning about, applying, or reading financial statements prepared using, the IFRS for SMEs Standard.
Each module includes the following:
– requirements—the full text of the section of the IFRS for SMEs Standard reproduced with added notes and examples. The notes and examples are designed to explain and illustrate the requirements.
– significant estimates and other judgements—a discussion of the significant estimates and other judgements likely to be made in accounting for transactions and events when applying the section of the IFRS for SMEs Standard.
– comparison with full IFRS Standards—a summary of the main differences between the section of the IFRS for SMEs Standard and the corresponding Standard from full IFRS Standards.
– test your knowledge—multiple-choice questions, with answers, designed to test knowledge of the requirements of the IFRS for SMEs Standard.
– apply your knowledge —case studies, with solutions, designed to develop the skills needed to account for transactions and events in accordance with the IFRS for SMEs Standard.
Please note that these modules have not been approved by the Board. The IFRS for SMEs modules contain a copyright notice and terms for the allowed use of the materials. Please ensure that you read the notice and terms before using the materials.
To keep informed about developments related to the IFRS for SMEs Standards, including the release of new modules, please click “Follow” in the header of the Supporting materials for the IFRS for SMEsStandard page.