Working drafts for a total of five revenue recognition implementation issues in four industries were exposed Friday by the AICPA Financial Reporting Executive Committee.
When completed, the drafts will be added to the AICPA’s revenue recognition guide. The guide provides industry-specific considerations for implementation of FASB’s new revenue recognition standard.
The working drafts include:
– Health Care: Issue No. 8-10, Performance Obligations.
– Not-for-Profit: Issue No. 11-5, Not-for-Profit Subscriptions and Membership Dues.
– Telecommunications: Issue No. 15-6, Impact of Enforceable Rights and Obligations on Contract Term.
– Time-Share: Issue No. 16-8, Allocating the Transaction Price & Transfer of Control.
– Time-Share: Issue No. 16-10, Contract Costs.
Informal feedback can be provided by Feb. 1 by emailing Andy Mrakovcic (Andy.Mrakovcic@aicpa-cima.com) for the Health Care issue, Chris Cole (Chris.Cole@aicpa-cima.com) for the Not-for-Profit issue, Desiré Carroll (Desire.Carroll@aicpa-cima.com) for the Telecommunications issue, and Kim Kushmerick (Kim.Kushmerick@aicpa-cima.com) for the Time-Share issues.
—Ken Tysiac (Kenneth.Tysiac@aicpa-cima.com) is a JofA editorial director.